CBSE 12th Chemistry Important Questions 2014 for Board
CBSE is going to conduct the board exams for class 12th from 1st March 2014 as per the declared schedule by the CBSE.
CBSE conducts the board exam for 10th and 12th every year in the month of March all across the country at different centres. It carries a huge importance for the students of class 12th as it marks the end of school life and beginning of the high education for the passing out students.
Students must be searching for the important questions for different subjects that could help in their preparation. Keeping in mind the necessity of the important questions in the preparation phase we are here providing some of the most expected questions for the final board exams from previous year question papers for this session on our website.
10 Important Questions of Chemistry for 2013-14
1) Write the structure of product obtained when glucose is oxidised with nitric acid.
2) Express the relation among cell constant, resistance of the solution in cell and conductivity of the solution. How a molar conductivity of a solution related to its conductivity?
3) Define the following terms
a) Mole Fraction
b) Isotonic solutions
c) Van’t Hoff factor
d) Ideal solution
4) Explain the following facts giving the appropriate reasons in each case
a) NF₃ is an exothermic compound whereas NCl₃ is not.
b) All the bonds in SF₄ are not equivalent.
5) Write any two reactions of Glucose which cannot be explained by the open chain structure of Glucose molecule.
6) Iron has a body centred cubic unit cell with a cell dimension of 286.65 pm. The density of Iron is 7.874 g/cm3. Use this information to calculate Avogadro’s number. (At mass of Fe = 55.845 u).
7) Give reasons for the following
a) When R is an alkyl group R₃P = 0 exist but R₃N = O doesn’t.
b) PbCl₄ is more covalent than PbCl₂.
c) At room temperature, N₂ is much less reactive.
8) Explain the following behaviours:
a) Alcohols are more soluble in water than the hydrocarbons of comparable molecular masses.
b) Ortho-nitrophenol is more acidic than ortho-methoxyphenol.
9) Explain the following
a) What class of drug is Ranitidine?
b) If water contains dissolved ca2+ ions, out of soaps and synthetic detergents, which will you use in cleaning your clothes?
c) Which of the following is an antiseptic: 0.2 y phenol, 1% phenol.
10) Although Chlorine is an electron withdrawing group, yet it is ortho, para-directing in electrophile aromatic substitution reactions. Explain why is it so?
These were some of the important questions of chemistry from different portions of the syllabus which would be helpful for students in preparing for the final board exams. Soon we will provide more extra important questions with links which is based on the similar pattern of CBSE 2013-14.
Stay with us for sample papers of Chemistry in different sets. Like us on Facebook as CBSE EXAM Result for more questions on subjects of CBSE 12th.