The exam for CBSE 10th board session 2013-14 is scheduled in the month of March 2014. The final date sheet for the exam has not been announced yet and would be made available to the students soon.
Now a days students must be busy preparing for the board exams and must be feeling the need for some study material that could provide them with perfect questions based on latest pattern and that are most expected to strike in the exams.
Here we are providing you with the sample paper on science that could help you in the preparations for the final board exams to score high on the grades.
CBSE 10th Board Science Sample Paper 2013-14
1) Tooth enamel is one of the hardest substances in our body. How does it undergo damage due to eating chocolates and sweets? How do tooth pastes prevent this damage?
2) What is meant by reactivity series of metals? State which of the following chemical reactions will take308 place giving suitable reason for each.
Zn (s) + Cu SO4(aq) —-> Zn SO4 (aq) + Cu (s)
Fe (s) + Zn SO4 (aq) —-> Fe SO4 (aq) + Zn (s)
Zn (s) + Fe SO4 (aq) —-> Zn SO4 (aq) + Fe (s)
3) (a) Two lenses have power of
(i) + 2D
(ii) – 4D.
What is the nature and focal length of each lens.?
(b) An object is kept at a distance of 100cm from each of the above lenses. Calculate the (i) image distance (ii) magnification in each of the two cases.
4) A housewife wanted her house to be whitewashed. She bought 10kg of quick lime from the market and added it to 30 litres of water. On adding lime to water she noticed that the water appeared to be boiling even when it was not being heated. Give reason for her observation. Write the corresponding chemical equation and name the product formed.
5) (i) A concave mirror produces three times enlarged image of an object placed at 10 cm in front of it. Calculate the focal length of the mirror.
(ii) Show the formation of the image with the help of a ray diagram when the object is placed 6cm away from the pole of the mirror.
6) Why does a current carrying conductor kept in a magnetic field experience force? On what factors does the direction of this force depend? Name and state the rule used for determination of direction of this force.
7) Write the aquatic organisms in order of who eats whom starting from producer and form a chain of at least three steps. What name is given to such a chain is an ecosystem and what name is given to each stage.
8) Write one feature which is common to each of the following pairs of terms/organs
(i) glycogen and starch
(ii) chlorophyll and hemoglobin
(iii) gills and lungs
(iv) arteries and veins
9) Draw ray diagrams to show the formation of a three times magnified (i) real image (ii) virtual image of an object kept in front of a converging lens. Mark the positions of object, F, 2F, O and position of image clearly in the diagram.
10) Why does a current carrying conductor kept in a magnetic field experience force? On what factors does the direction of this force depend? Name and state the rule used for determination of direction of this force.
Also Check - CBSE 12th Board Physics Syllabus 2013-14
These were some of the important questions on science which are based on the latest pattern and have the maximum probability to strike in the question paper in the final board exams. We have focused on all parts of science containing important portions and topics. So, start collecting a bundle of important question which will be helpful to secure better grades in your 10th Board exams 2014.
More sample and test papers will be revealed on our website so, candidates are advised to stay with us through our official facebook page CBSE EXAM Result.